Step-by-Step Guide - HOW to PAY OBLIGATORY & TUITION FEES ONLINE (UNILAG PG SCREENING/REGISTRATION)


Many postgraduates students who were successful in the last MSc, masters and Post graduate diploma exams are getting ready to go through the famous strenuous process of registration and screening.

This is coming after the gruesome and hypertension-causing admission list  drama released last week.

The admission list which came out bit by bit had loads of questions to answer, as many who were recommended did not find their names in the eventual list.

That is story for another day.

The Pg school management eventually  announced registration and screening to start immediately.

However, students are confused as to how and where to pay their fees, as such instructions were not clearly stated.

I have received loads and loads of questions from admitted students and I will try in this post to answer the most popular questions.

Aparts from how to download admission letter and payment advise, which I already treated


Top three questions I received are:


1. When is the Registration/screening starting

2. When will registration end

3. Can we pay our fees online?


Well in this post I will answer all three questions


I will be giving out updates as they come in.

Not to miss any update
CLICK HERE to register to receive alert whenever I post Unilag admission news.


Question 1: 

when is the Registration/screening starting

Answer :
Today Jan 9th, but I dont think anyone will be ready to attend to you today till wednesday.


Question 2: 

When will registration end/How long?

Answer:
The school says Four weeks, but its usually takes like Two months.
just make sure you pay the obligatory fees to tied down the admission and go start attending lectures until you have the full tuition fees.


Now to

Question 3: 

Can we pay Fees online?


Answer:
The answer is YES, and I will provide a step by step guide to Online payment
Also know that there is an option for installmental payment for part time students only

STEP 1: login your student portal and click on PAY ONLINE NOW(REMITA)



STEP 2: It will take you to a breakdown of your fees

1. Obligatory
2. Tuition fees

It will also show you the RRR number for both fees.
RRR(REMITA RETRIEVAL REFERENCE) NUMBER is used for TSA payment.

Note you will pay N100 as charges.



if you prefer, you can take any of these to the bank for bank payment.

Note your RRR number is unique to you, if you use someone else number, that person will be credited with the payment.


STEP 3. CLICK ON THE REMITA Link

 for any of them you want to pay, its give you 4 options of payment


1. Online transfer

Select any of the banks you which to do the online transfer and then fill it with token and all and make your payment, make sure you print your receipts which you will use in registration. this is simple and straightforward


Assuming I choice stanbicibtc bank, the following will open for me to input my details.



2, Bank:

copy the RRR number as i said before and head over to any of the banks used by unilag as indicated previously in my post. You can pay any branch nationwide.

Just hand over the RRR number to the cashier and your money tell them it's for Unilag PG.



That's all.

The banks again are:

1. UNION BANK

2. GTB

2. UBA

4. FIRST BANKS

5. ACCESS BANKS

6. WEMA BANKS

7. ZENITH BANKS

8. ECOBANK



3. Remita Users direct Payment:


There are some people who are registered with Remita as users, you can make direct payment to via their portal, just login and make your payment.


4. Card payment 


This is using your ATMA cards to make payment. just like you pay when you buy goods from Konga and jumia stores. Quite easy and straightforward.





Just input your card details and that settle it.


NOTE: 
for all print out your receipts after payment.


CAN YOU USE QUICKTELLER, PAGA OR USSD TO PAY?


For now, I will say please don't. even if it's possible. don't stress yourself.

My recommendations are:

1. Online transfer ( My first choice)

2. Card payment ( My second choice)

3. Bank ( my boring choice)


How secure is Online payment?

Online payment are very safe in Nigeria, so no fear please. Just make sure the page you want to enter your details its a secured page:

how?

it will show

https://    in the url

see a samples below:




if you don't see that please dont pay, anywhere online, https:// shows that page is secure and its real.

Hope you enjoy your registration process as I did typing this for you.

I will be giving out updates as they come in.

Not to miss any update
CLICK HERE to register to receive alert whenever I post Unilag admission news.

Share your concerns and questions with me below and If you paid online or in the bank lets your your story, please share...


8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the good job you are doing. I followed all ur processes and I had success. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Tee, am glad it worked well for you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find the "pay online now" tab on my dashboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please I have paid obligatory free for 2020/2021 session today in the bank through remita but it hasn't reflected yet on my student portal so I can go ahead and print my acceptance form

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I pay now for fresh student I mean school fee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a bank payment yesterday afternoon and it’s taking forever to show on the site that I have paid. Still saying I should pay obligatory fees, which I’ve paid. How long will this take? I paid into Access bank off campus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was the issue solved ? I'm going through same

      Delete