Unilag Msc Result: Status is NOT Recommended - Meaning, implications & What Next?


Still on Unilag Pg results released last week Friday.
I wrote on the the meaning and implications of Recommended status here. If you missed it, you can check it out.

As I said the result generated a lot of Mixed feelings.
One of those who were sad are those whose remark was NOT RECOMMENDED.

Who are these people?

Why are they sad?

How can you score 61.15% for Accounting and still not be recommended
or 57.94% for Management Full Time and not be recommended.

This are issues,

why?

 why?

why?

questions begging for answers.

Some folks are already doubting the grading process

Is there anything that can be done to change this status?

so many questions?

I will do an analysis soon on the results watch out for it.
CLICK HERE to register to receive alert whenever I post new review


There is one of five status attached to each score depending on the cut off marks set by the dept.

The five status which I treated in-depth in this post are

1. Recommended STATUS

2. NOT Recommended STATUS

3. NOT Qualified STATUS

4. STEP DOWN STATUS

5. Not SET STATUS


I will use this post to treat NOT Recommended.


How To Check :

log in to Spgs Unilag website and input your reg nos and surname better still just follow the link below to access the page:

http://applications.unilag.edu.ng/(S(ge42j5his2ub1bfvdeijvgyh))/Login.aspx


The MEANING :

You may have passed the exams but you did not meet the cut off points
It also could mean that you failed the exams and definitely not going to get admitted.

its also means your name is not in the admission merit list.


The IMPLICATION :

 1. You will not get this admission except you work to see if you can get in via supplementary list

2. Find out the cut off mark and if you are very close, then there is hope for you.

3. Get ready to go to school to seek for help

4. You might still be in the supplementary list without consulting anyone - chances are slim, but its possible


WHAT's Next : - What should you do?

1. Seek for help - need recommendation
2. Change your course from Full time to Part time or executive depending on your discipline
3. Look out for the admission list, your name might surprisingly appear
4. When the list is out, find out who can help you with admission via recommendation


NEXT --> My Result Status is NOT QUALIFIED - What Next?


Lets know what you scored below and your status.
If not recommend let me help show you how to go about it.

just let me know below via the comment

46 comments:

  1. Mr Dan, Good Day. Keep up the good work. My score is 37.78 (Not recommended) English Literature (Part-time). Please, what should i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This s too low for any support. 40 is the required score for any admission into Unilag. Nothing can be done to this unfortunately

      Delete
  2. Gud day,i scored 55.29 envtal tox,wat r my chances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very close, the cut off is 58 for your course. find who can help yo push for supplementary list

      Delete
  3. Pls sir! I score 41.18 yet not recommended.... elect/elect(poweroption)....am confused sir.....do I v any hope of admission n if not wot would u suggest I do sir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its 41.18(not recommended). elect/elect(power option) full time. Wot do u suggest I do sir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reach out to the dept and seek it any Dr or Prof can recommend you. the cut off is 44, so you still stand a chance.

      Delete
  5. I had 55.12 and not recommended. Construction mgt.. what are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this should be fixed pretty easily. the cut off is 56, so i advise get to the dept and look for a Dr or Prof to help with a recommendation letter. that's all you will need.

      Delete
  6. I'm Julie. scored 45.18 for Msc. Economics. not recommended

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I guess this is for FT, the cut off is way off. however, see if you can change over to part time. its better to take it up from there. hope it helps and thanks for sharing

      Delete
    2. I scored 69.86 msc statistics not recommended. What shoud I do

      Delete
  7. Good afternoon mr Daniel, i scored 41.11 for Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. please what is the Department cut off mark and possible solutions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its 60. and sincerely, i dont think it doable. i would have suggested MILR, but even that is still above 50.

      Delete
    2. which department can accept 41.11. part time course preferably

      Delete
  8. Good day, i had 53.82 for msc management PT and my status is not recommended. Can any help be rendered and what is the citoff mark?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very close. cut off is 54. please find any lecturer to recommend you, however i am sure 70% you will be in supplementary list. but pls take my advise and go make it happen. all the best.

      Delete
  9. Good day sir, I was not recommended as I scored 46.67 for MBA full time as I don't have the required years of experience for part time and can't afford the executive program either even if I had the required years of experience. What are my chances?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. years of experience is factored into your marks, so at this stage don't really matter. cut off is 44 for PT so you need to write for change of programme from FT to PT and asked a lecturer to endorse it

      Delete
  10. Good morning sir, i scored 52.94 for Msc mass comm and i was not recommended. your advice please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. change to PT if you may, as you will hold lectures together with FT.

      Delete
    2. Thanks sir, please how can i change to part time and what exactly is the exact cut off mark for full time.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for all the updates sir. Please what is the cut off for MBA full time?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is the cut off for M.Sc Org. Behaviour FT?
    I think 59.71 should get admitted. When your comment is recommended, do you roll out the drums that admission is certain?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good day Mr Dan, I had 52.55 for msc operation and production management and I wasn't recommended. Pls I'd like to know the cut off mark for th course. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mr Dan my score is 48.24 and not recommended for master of education in educational administration and planning PT. What should I do next?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I scored 63.91 for Msc mass communication and I'm not recommended, do you know what I can do? And plus what's the cut off mark?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sir, I scored 47.36 (MBA full time) and not recommended. Please what can I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. How do I go about it sir? I only have a year work experience.

      Delete
  17. Good afternoon sir.Thanks so much for your email updates.
    I scored 53.6,MSc(full time) in Natural resources Conservation (2020/2021).Not recommended,any hope and what can I do ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good afternoon sir, I scored 53.97 (not recommended) msc Highway and traffic engineering full time option.

    What is the cut off mark and what should I do.

    Thanks sir

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi mr Dan, I scored 55.71 in MSC mass Communication full time and not recommended sir, please what can I do?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi I got 61.47 for full time production and operation management but I want to change to part time . Please how do I go about this

    ReplyDelete
  22. As I won’t have the time for full time as I initially planned do u have links to lecturer in business administration that can give me a recommendation for parttime

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gud day sir what is my chances of getting admission in msc full time in economics my score is 46.32 but I have changed to part time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, how did you do that? I mean change from full time to part time

      Delete
  24. Please what is the cutoff mark for M.Sc Mass communication (Full Time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also want to know, I got 55.88...not recommended

      Delete
  25. Good day Mr Dan
    I scored 55.88 Mass Communication full time but I got 'not recommended' as Remark. Besides, I want to inquire if I can change my admission to part time and how? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Benefit from the mentorship of experienced faculty who bring a wealth of real-world insights to your academic journey. These mentors guide you through theoretical foundations while offering practical perspectives, bridging the gap between academia and industry.

    Read more: Part time degree in Singapore

    ReplyDelete